- Fishing Report - Current, Reliable Northern Minnesota Fishing Reports for Leech Lake, Lake Winnie, Cass Lake, Red Lake, Vermilion, Lake of the Woods, Bowstring and more MN Lakes.Charlie's Gone Fishing Guide Service
- Charlie’s Gone Fishing Guide Service has been in existence since 1991. However, Charlie Worrath has spent his entire lifetime living and fishing in this area.Reed Ylitalo - Wings and Walleyes Guide Service
- They are northern Minnesota’s only four season hunting and fishing outfitter! They have a large network of guides and scouts that are continuously looking for that next great honey hole for your trip.Fred's Live Bait and Tackle
- Fred's Live Bait and Tackle has been a tradition with anglers fishing the Deer River-Chippewa National Forest Area for 50 years.Here's My Gear
- Your Ultimate FREE Outdoor Classifieds. Quick... Easy... No Username or Registration Required!Jeff Sundin, Professional Fishing Guide Service
- Imagine hooking a monster Muskie or Northern Pike, feel the thrill of it, just you and the fish battling each other - making your heart beat faster, determined to bring it to the net! Or catch a trophy Walleye or Bass. Zach Dagel knows where the fish are!
- They offer a full service menu with something for everyone. Large family, fishing, hunting, birthday, and anniversary groups are welcome. Just give them a call, and they will have a table and a smiling waitress waiting for you! Either of their dining areas can be reserved for private parties.Timberwolf Inn Restaurant
- The Timberwolf Inn has established a reputation throughout the region for its excellence in food and service. Their specialties include everything from homemade soups and sandwiches to phenomenal seafood and steak entrees.Outpost Bar & Grill
- Outpost Bar & Grill has been the concourse of the Grand Rapids, MN area for over 5 years. Located in Deer River, MN, they’re a convenient stop for any hunting trip or voyage to Leech Lake, or if you’re just looking for a nice place to watch the game.Riley's Cannibal Junction
- Relaxed atmosphere and good food. Popular local hangout.Crow Bar and Grill
- The newest of the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe’s three Minnesota casinos, White Oak Casino opened in August 2000. The name White Oak was chosen to commemorate the White Oak Point Band of Ojibwe who has lived in the Leech Lake area for centuries.Blueberry Bowl
- Restaurant / Bowling / PizzaOrty's Custom Meats
- We provide delicious sausages and custom cut meats. Domestic and wild game processing and smokehouse.
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Lake information Report.Topographical Lake Map
Bowstring Lake and River is a literal translation of the Ojibway word “Atchabani” or “Busatchahani”. An old and much used portage trail ran between the Bowstring River and Little Cut Foot Sioux Lake, part of the major fur trade route connecting the Mississippi and the Rainy Rivers via the Big Fork River. The Inger Road (County State Aid Highway 35) roughly parallels the old four-mile portage crossing the continental divide.
Prehistoric Burial Mounds. Many prehistoric burial mounds have been discovered and many destroyed in the area between Bowstring and Cut Foot Sioux lakes. Only a few have been excavated and are readily accessible.69 One of the largest is located a short distance northwest of the Inger Bridge on the northern bank of the Bowstring River. This mound has been excavated and a number of skeletons, copper implements, pottery vessels, and other artifacts found. Its original size was estimated to be ten feet high and sixty feet in diameter.
Special Thank You to Frank Curley of FHC Visions Photography, LLC for the beautiful cabin and exterior photos.